Buffalo DWI Attorney Armed and Ready to Defend You
The experience you need for successful results
A DWI can be traumatic, embarrassing and result in serious consequences. In New York, driving while intoxicated (DWI) is a criminal offense and, if you are convicted, can result in a criminal record, suspension of your license, fines and often jail time or probation. Experienced Buffalo DWI Attorney Arthur L. Pressman is a DWI lawyer servicing Buffalo, Amherst, Cheektowaga, Tonawanda, and all of Western New York. With more than 27 years of experience, Buffalo DWI Attorney Pressman has handled more than 40,000 cases and has built respect with prosecutors and judges.
What to do if you are charged with a DWI
If you are charged with a DWI, you are probably wondering:
- What are my rights?
- Will I lose my license?
- Do I need to hire a DWI attorney?
Contact a knowledgeable Buffalo DWI Attorney to defend you. We provide personal attention to every client and ensure aggressive representation by an experienced Buffalo criminal defense attorney to resolve your case quickly.
What constitutes impairment?
If the police in New York believe that your driving ability is impaired, and you are found to be under the influence of prescription or illegal drugs or alcohol, you may be charged with driving while impaired by drugs. It is imperative to have a dedicated Buffalo DWI Attorney in your corner. These are serious charges that carry serious DWI penalties, In the state of New York, the following blood alcohol contents (BACs) result in a DWI:
- 0.02 for ages under 21
- 0.08 for ages 21 and older
- 0.04 for commercial drivers
Building a strong defense for you
Challenging a DWI in New York can be difficult and requires an experienced Buffalo DWI Attorney to prove that an error occurred during your arrest or alcohol testing. Your DWI case is thoroughly examined by an experienced Buffalo DWI Attorney to ensure that your constitutional rights have not been violated. Buffalo DWI Attorney Arthur L. Pressman knows the steps to take to build a tough defense and challenge your arrest.
Possible types of challenges include the following:
- The validity of the stop: A possible error that can be made is when the police officer is lacking probable cause for making the stop.
- The qualifications of the person conducting the test: The person conducting the test or operating the machine must be certified or qualified in accordance with the law of the state. The testing can be ruled invalid if any discrepancy is discovered.
- The accuracy of the evidence presented: Our experienced Buffalo DWI Attorney will conduct a thorough investigation of the arrest report and data gathered, including breath tests and blood work. It is easy for labs to make errors that affect data.
Contact our Knowledgable Buffalo DWI Attorney for the Defense you Need
If you or a family member needs a DWI attorney who is familiar with New York state criminal law, contact Buffalo DWI Attorney Arthur L. Pressman at (716) 984-1795 or online. For your convenience, our office is on the subway line, and we offer a free initial phone consultation seven days a week.