Buffalo Criminal Lawyer Concentrating on Resolving Speeding Tickets in New York
New York speeding ticket lawyer offering a speedy resolution without the headache
Speeding is a traffic offense in New York. Speeding tickets are costly and can cause your insurance premiums to go up based on the accumulation of points on your license. In addition, if your insurance company considers you high risk as a result of excessive tickets, your insurance is dropped completely. Getting a ticket doesn’t mean you’re guilty of speeding. At the office of Arthur L. Pressman, Attorney at Law, we have more than 30 years working successfully with the traffic court system.
Got a speeding ticket? Don’t deal with the stress and hassle yourself. Know your rights. Call our experienced Buffalo traffic ticket attorney to fight your speeding ticket in New York.
Means of determining speeding in New York
A variety of different methods and forms of technology are used to measure the speed of a vehicle. Some of the most common methods of determining the charge are with the following devices:
- Lasers: A laser is aimed at the targeted vehicle and the time/distance is measured. Lasers can pinpoint specific vehicles in congested traffic.
- Radar guns: Radar guns aim an electromagnetic signal to determine the speed of a vehicle. An officer who uses the radar device has to be certain it is not picking up objects that may be in the targeted zone and cause interference.
- Clock and pace method: An officer moves his vehicle behind another vehicle, keeping a uniform pace between the two vehicles for a certain time using the speedometer to measure the overall speed.
- Speed cameras: In New York, a speed radar camera is used to trigger a camera to photograph vehicles traveling faster than a set speed. This type of device also captures the specific time, location and speed.
- Aerial speed devices: Police in New York measure vehicle speeds by aircraft by monitoring the time it takes the target to travel between two marked spots. They then signal to ground officers who issue the speeding violation.
NY speeding tickets can be costly
The following tables list the schedule for speeding fines and points on your license if you are convicted of speeding in New York:
Points for Speeding in New York
|1–10 mph over the speed limit||3 points|
|11–20 mph over the speed limit||4 points|
|21-30 mph over the speed limit||6 points|
|40+ mph over the speed limit||11 points*|
*Eleven points means that your license is suspended.
New York attorney resolving speeding tickets
If you need an experienced Buffalo Traffic Ticket Attorney who is familiar with NY state traffic law, Arthur L. Pressman, Attorney at Law fights for you. Contact us online. For your convenience, our office is on the subway line in downtown Buffalo. Our Buffalo traffic ticket attorney can handle your court case almost anywhere in New York State, without you needing to come to our Buffalo office. We offer a free initial phone consultation seven days a week. In addition, we make it easy to pay your attorney fees online. Contact us today. Let me be your ticket to justice.