Did you get charged with a DWI and need help? Check out these 3 common DWI questions that we have answered for you, then call us today.
1. PENALTIES FOR A FIRST TIME DWI
I am frequently asked as a Buffalo DWI Attorney of the penalties for a first time DWI offense. Unfortunately, even if this is your first time you will still be given a criminal conviction, and this will appear on your record for the rest of your life. A penalty for a first time offender is a 6 month suspension of your license, a $500 minimum fine, and a $400 surcharge. I advise clients as a Buffalo DWI Attorney that you will even be required to install an inter locking device in your vehicle at your expense for at least 6 months, plus monthly fees. You will also be required to attend a victim-impact panel. If you need a conditional or restricted license during the time your license has been suspended, you will need to take a DDP class.
2. DWI ACCIDENT
As an experienced Buffalo DWI Attorney I am regularly asked what will happen to a DWI offense if there was an accident involved as well.
- Be sure to not flee the scene if you have been drinking and got in an accident
- You do not have to tell the police how much you have had to drink
3. ARRESTED FOR SLEEPING IN A VEHICLE THAT ISN’T MOVING
As an experienced Buffalo DWI Attorney I am frequently asked “If I’m sleeping in my vehicle and the car is not running or moving, can I get arrested for a DWI?”
- This depends on a variety of factors, such as whether your keys were in the ignition or not and whether or not the car was running
If you have been charged with a DWI in New York State, read these 3 common DWI questions that have been answered for you! Then, contact Attorney Arthur Pressman, our experienced Buffalo DWI Attorney, to be your ticket to justice!
Like us on Facebook