Did you get charged with a traffic ticket and need a lawyer? Read this article about the 4 ways to get ahead on your traffic case. Call us now.
1) Points From a Speeding Ticket
- There is a point system for speeding tickets in New York State
- The point system is based on how fast you were going
- 0-10 mph is 3 points, 11-20 is 4 points, 21-30 is 6 points, 31-40 is 8 points, and 41 mph over the speed limit is 11 points which will result in you losing your license.
2) Out of State Drivers & Reciprocity
- Reciprocity means that New York State’s DMV will report to 45 states, the province of Ontario and the province of Quebec if you have been issued a traffic ticket or violation.
- It is important to take action and defend your charges with an experienced lawyer to keep you from earning additional fees or penalties in your home town.
3) Insurance Lapse Violation
- You will face charges in traffic or criminal court and the DMV can impose other penalties.
- The DMV will impose a fine of eight dollars a day for insurance lapse.
- Between 31 and 60 days, the DMV will impose a $10 fee a day.
- Beyond that, 61-90 days the fee will become $12. Your license could also become suspended.
4) Penalties for Driving without a License
- Driving with out a license is a criminal traffic offense.
- Driving with a suspended license that you could go to jail and receive fines.
If you have questions about these 4 ways to get ahead on your traffic case, contact our experienced Buffalo Traffic Violations Lawyers to be your ticket to justice!
Download Our Free Traffic Ticket Video Series
Like us on Facebook