As an experienced Buffalo DWI Attorney, the first question I’m usually asked when I meet with someone is “how much does is the cost of a DWI attorney?”
Each case is determined on its own facts and circumstances.
I will look at your case and determine whether it will go to trial or there will be a plea
If the case gets worked out as a plea the expenses are typically less expensive than if the case goes to trial
Here are the potential consequences of a DWI conviction I’m sure you’d like to avoid:
- Driving while intoxicated: You may be convicted of a DWI if your blood alcohol content (BAC) is 0.08% or higher, and you demonstrate other evidence of intoxication.
- Driving while ability impaired by alcohol (DWAI-Alcohol):In New York, you may be convicted of a DWAI-Alcohol if you have a BAC of between 0.05% and 0.07% or if you show other evidence that you are impaired.
- Driving while ability impaired by a drug other than alcohol (DWAI-Drug): This charge can result if you are found to be impaired by chemical substances other than alcohol.
- Refusal to take a chemical test: When you refuse to take alcohol testing by blood or urine, or by a host of other means, at the very least, your license may be revoked and you’ll have to pay a $500 civil penalty.
- Zero tolerance law: If you are a New York driver under the age of 21, you are charged with a DWI if you are found to have any traces of alcohol in your system while driving.
- Multiple DWI convictions: Prior DWIs can lead to harsher penalties if you are convicted. Even a single prior offense can quadruple jail time and double fines.
If you are convicted in the state of New York for a DWI, DUI or DWAI, or for refusing to submit to testing, you may be subject to the following DWI penalties:
- Suspension or revocation of your driving privileges
- Revocation of your driver’s license (minimum one year) for refusal to take a chemical BAC test
- Fines of up to $2,500 for a first offense
- Fees and surcharges for a conditional license or new license application
- Fees for any treatment/educational classes
Denying yourself the proper representation may have devastating consequences for your future, especially for multiple violations. Having a savvy, tenacious Buffalo DWI Lawyer on your side can make all the difference. Buffalo DWI lawyer Arthur L. Pressman helps you avoid financial burdens, suspension of your license and severe criminal DWI penalties. Having someone on your side during this process is worth the cost of a DWI attorney. At the very least, we urge you to meet with us to go over your rights and see how we can help you with your charge.
Are you wondering how much the cost of a DWI attorney is? If so, contact the experienced Buffalo DWI Attorney Arthur Pressman.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel