Defense Against Drug Trafficking
People often underestimate the impact of having even a misdemeanor on their record. The reality is that any type of crime can go on your permanent record and can surface in the future and be used in future employment evaluations. Drug crimes in New York are very serious and not to be taken lightly. You will need an expert criminal defense against drug trafficking if you have been arrested for such a crime. Contact our experienced New York drug crime lawyers today to schedule a free consultation and find out how your rights can be protected.
Defense Against Drug Trafficking | Penalties
There is a wide spectrum of drug crimes of which one can be charged with committing. The types of criminal drug cases include:
- Sale of controlled substance — Conviction of selling drugs is an offense that could lead to extensive jail or prison time.
- Drug possession — Possession of 500mg or more is already a Class D felony punishable by one to two and a half years in prison.
- Drug trafficking — Like most states, New York has laws that strictly punish those convicted of producing, distributing, or selling controlled substances.
- Marijuana charges — Marijuana charges vary significantly. Possessing a few joints, cultivating a field and trafficking marijuana are examples of marijuana drug charges.
- Narcotics charges — There are certain drugs that are very dangerous to society. Legislatures have enacted laws that make the possession of these drugs, in even small amounts, a felony offense. Heroin, ecstasy and cocaine are examples of these drugs.
Defense Against Drug Trafficking | Contact a Lawyer
Charged with a drug crime? Rely on us to prepare your defense and protect your freedom. Contact Buffalo drug crime lawyer Arthur L. Pressman, Attorney at Law at (716) 200-4625 or online. For your convenience, our office is on the subway line. Our Buffalo drug crime lawyer offers a free initial phone consultation seven days a week.